Our background in Public Speaking
GER COLLERAN SET UP COMPETENT PUBLIC SPEAKING TO HELP PEOPLE ADDRESS THEIR PUBLIC SPEAKING CHALLENGES IN BUSINESS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTS.
Competent Public Speaking works with people who have to speak to team members, team leaders, managers, directors and / or clients / customers for the purposes of influencing, persuading and selling products, services and ideas. These communication skills help business’s survive and stay in business through the concept and mindset of being passionate and enthusiastic about what you do for a living and how well you tell people about it. We work with businesses and their staff on 1 : 1 and in small groups helping them think about new ways of doing things, introducing new ideas into the business and introducing change all leading to increased footfall, turnover with a positive effect on the bottom line; all through the concept of great communication, strong negotiation skills, presentation skills and people skills.
Ger Colleran is a Director/Trainer and Job/Career/Communications Results Coach with Competent Public Speaking (www.competentpublicspeaking.com), iCareer (www.icareer.ie), Great Speech (www.greatspeech.ie) , iInnovate (www.iinnovate.ie) and Talent Fusion (www.talentfusion.ie) organisations based in Oranmore, Galway, founded in 2002.
He works with various public and private sector organizations and individuals (from all walks of life) across Ireland in the areas of how to choose a career, training, career development planning, education coaching, communications and business development.
Prior to Competent Public Speaking, Ger had 18 years of industrial experience working in Allsop – Waterford, Oral B Laboratories – Kildare and Boston Scientific Corporation – Galway in manufacturing / engineering / project management disciplines with a focus on the medical device / healthcare fields, serving as Junior Engineer right up to Engineering Manager. He also spent some time working in Denmark, the UK and the USA.
- Diploma in Human Resources Management CIPD (NCI – December 2014)
- Bachelors of Arts Degree in Education & Training (NUI, Galway – 2010)
- Diploma in Business and Executive Coaching (Coaching Institute of Ireland – 2010)
- Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (Christopher Howard – 2010)
- Trainer of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (Christopher Howard – 2010)
- Master Results Coach (Christopher Howard – 2010)
- Certificate in Occupational Testing and Assessment (The British Psychological Society – 2007)
- Diploma in Professional Management (Open University – 2002)
- Degree in Plastics Engineering (Athlone Institute of Technology – 1984)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Carlow Institute of Technology – 1983)
- Competent Toastmaster (Toastmasters International – 2000)
The organisation is proud to be:
- Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM – part of City & Guilds Group) Accredited
- Member of The Chartered Institute of Personal & Development (CIPD)
- Member of The British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Member of The Life and Business Coaching Association of Ireland (LBCAI)
- Member of The Coaching Alliance (formally The Irish Coaching Development Network – ICDN)
- Member of Life Insurance Association (LIA)
- Members of Galway Chamber
- Excellence Through People Advisors and Assessors
- Skillnet Trainers & Evaluators
- Finalist in Galway Chamber Business Awards 2011 (Top three)
- A FETAC Registered Training Organization
- Irish Representative for Connor (UK) HR & Outplacement Specialists